Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Yay for illnesses, and I'm a bad mommy.

The day of Dynah's party, she kept telling me that her earring was hurting. I glanced at it, it was fine, and I went back to getting ready for the party. That night she was up numerous times screaming in pain because--here's where I'm bad--she had a terrible double ear infection. I never thought to check IN her ear for a problem. poor kid! Then came the clogged sinuses, cough, sore throat, and red cheeks. I waited and waited to see if the cold would go away. Here's where I'm bad again, she had strep throat. I was making her wait and she desperately needed antibiotics. I have learned my lesson.

1 comment:

Ash said...

awwww. You are so not a bad mommy! We have all done things that put off something that was really important...

Last night Noah pooped in his diaper again, and I made him clean it up. After a half hour of screaming he was finally done and could get his clothes back on. Here is my bad mommy part...it is 63 in our house right now because it is so cold outside that you keep it much hotter and you roast to death (or die from the tag on the gas bill). so he had to stand in the tub with no clothes on until he cleaned himself up! I knew that he was cold...and I really didn't care....