Monday, April 6, 2009

Lots to update!

We finally got our computer fixed so hopefully I can start updating again. (The computer may only work for a short period before it dies again...come on tax return!)
Dynah had surgery Wednesday for adenoid removal and to put tubes in again. She got an infection from it, of course, so she's on a round of antibiotics in addition to her eardrops. She handled the surgery well and seems to be doing fine. Now is the test to see if taking her out of school has helped. We do a daily "school" time with a small lesson, craft, storytime, and flashcard test. She is picking up information so quickly and I am excited to see where she will be this time next year. (Of course, it also helps that she can finally hear.)
Clayton isn't doing so well in school so he now gets to come over every day so I can tutor him and get him back on track. He mainly needs help with story comprehension and writing. He has terribly sloppy handwriting but I think it's because he goes too fast.
Dillon is the newest addition to our family. He is our foster son. We know him from the church youth group and as a friend of Jesse, Bryan's little brother. He will be with us for quite a while and we are hoping to provide a loving and stable environment for him to thrive in. I don't think he likes our (mainly MY) strict rules very much, but he's adjusting well. :)
Bryan, Dillon, and Clayton were in an accident Saturday night that completely destroyed Bryan's new truck and sent him and Dillon to the ER. Both were released soon after x-rays and CAT scans with large doses of Vicodin and muscle relaxers. Now we get to play the waiting game with insurance companies. Yay!
I am now looking for a part-time childcare job that will allow me to bring Dynah along. I have found a few things for work here and there, but nothing too permanent yet.
I will do my best to update as new, although not exciting, things happen.

No comments: